Organic lemongrass essential oil – 10 ml
Latin name : Cymbopogon Citratus
Part of plant used : Leaves
Origin : Guatamala
Extraction method : Steam distillation
Organic lemongrass essential oil is obtained from the fresh or partially dried leaves of Cymbopogon citratus, also known as “oil grass”, by steam distillation. This oil is said to fight fatigue and help refresh a tired body and mind. It is also a pleasant smelling remedy to keep a pet free of fleas and ticks. Lemongrass contains citral, which is the main flavor of lemon peel, and is said to help with jet lag, headaches, nervous exhaustion and stress.
It strengthens the parasympathetic nervous system to recover more quickly from illness and stimulates glandular secretion. It helps tone muscles and tissues, relieving muscle pain. It is useful for sore throat, laryngitis and fever and helps prevent the spread of infection. It helps with colitis, indigestion and gastroenteritis.
It clears oily skin and reduces excessive sweating. However, it can irritate the skin, so caution is advised when using it on the skin. Lemongrass is a perennial aromatic grass that used to grow wild in India, where it is known as choomana poolu. It is also known as Indian verbena or Indian lemon balm oil and is used in Ayurveda, the ancient traditional healing art, to reduce fever and treat infectious diseases; hence it is also called “fever grass”.
Lemongrass oil and lemongrass fragrance works:
In herbal medicine, lemongrass is known for the following properties:
1. lowers high blood pressure.
2. supports digestive health.
3. provides relief from insomnia.
4. relieves the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
5. relieves muscle and joint pain.
6. supports oral health.
7. provides relief from respiratory congestion.
8. lowers fever.
9. may help in the treatment of fungal infections.
10. supports lymphatic drainage.
and quite practical in everyday life are the following features:
1. aromatherapy for stress relief.
2. natural insect repellent.
3. skin cleanser for a clear complexion.
4. strengthening tonic for the hair.
5. bath additive for a soothing experience.
6. massage oil for relaxation.
7. foot bath for revitalization.
8. household cleaner for a fresh scent.
9. diffuser fragrance for a soothing environment.
10. culinary flavor enhancer.
Disclaimer: The information and product descriptions on this website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. They should not be interpreted as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In case of serious health problems or complaints, always consult a doctor or other medical professional. We assume no responsibility for any action or inaction taken as a result of the content of this website.