Organic cypress essential oil – 10 ml
Latin name : Cupressus Sempervirens
Used part of the plant : needles and twigs
Source : Austria
Extraction method : Steam distillation
Organic cypress essential oil is obtained by steam distillation from the Italian or Mediterranean cypress. The oil is obtained from the needles and twigs of the young branches of these trees, which became famous through the paintings of Van Gogh. It is said that cypress essential oil calms strong emotions such as anger and is therefore useful during major life changes.
This essential oil acts as a vasoconstrictor and helps with varicose veins and hemorrhoids. It is believed to work well to relieve all conditions of excess fluid, such as heavy menstruation, excessive sweating, cough, bronchitis, bleeding and water retention. This oil relieves muscle spasms, helps regulate the menstrual cycle and relieves arthritis and rheumatic pain. Use this oil in a vaporizer to calm the mind, as well as for respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis and whooping cough. It can be used diluted in a cold compress to stop nosebleeds.
In Greek mythology, the cypress is considered a tree of mourning and for this reason is often planted in cemeteries. It is also associated with the god of the underworld, Hades. The Phoenicians and Cretans used the wood of this tree to build ships and houses. The Egyptians made sarcophagi from it and the Greeks carved statues of their gods from it. Legend has it that the cross of Jesus Christ was made from this wood, another reason why cypress is associated with death. Ironically, the botanical name of the cypress is derived from the Greek ‘Sempervirens’, which means ‘to live forever’.
Cypress oil and cypress fragrance acts:
In herbal medicine cypress is known for the following properties:
1. reduces varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
2. provides relief from cough and constipation.
3. supports wound healing.
4. relieves muscle and joint pain.
5. relieves menstrual cramps.
6. supports the health of the respiratory tract.
7. reduces excessive sweating.
8. provides relief from edema.
9. may help in the treatment of skin infections.
10. reduces high blood pressure.
and quite practical in everyday life are the following features:
1. aromatherapy for grounding.
2. natural remedy for varicose veins.
3. skin tonic for oily skin.
4. bath additive for relaxation.
5. massage oil to relieve muscle pain.
6. deodorant with woody fragrance.
7. hair tonic for the health of the scalp.
8. foot bath for tired feet.
9. diffuser fragrance for a soothing ambience.
10. household cleaner additive.
Disclaimer: The information and product descriptions on this website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. They should not be interpreted as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In case of serious health problems or complaints, always consult a doctor or other medical professional. We assume no responsibility for any action or inaction taken as a result of the content of this website.