Organic clary sage essential oil – 10 ml
Latin name : Salvia Sclarea
Used part of the plant : heads and leaves
Source : Hungary
Extraction method : Steam distillation
Clary sage essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the flowering tops and leaves of Salvia sclarea. It originates from southern Europe and is grown for its oil in France and Russia. The greatest benefit of this oil is its calming effect on the nerves and is especially helpful for women’s aches and pains. It is also said to help with skin problems such as acne, boils and ulcers, and to relieve aching muscles and joints.
Clary sage is helpful for depression, stress and insomnia. It is used for women’s problems such as painful periods, irregular menstruation and during labor. During menopause, this oil is said to relieve hot flashes, night sweats, palpitations, irritability, as well as headaches and dizziness. It was used as an aphrodisiac. It is also good for digestion and kidneys. Clary sage oil should not be consumed in conjunction with alcohol as it can increase intoxication. Use it in small amounts, as a large dose can cause headaches.
In the Middle Ages clary sage was known as Oculus Christi, which means “eye of Christ”. Even then it was a highly valued remedy. In Jamaica, it was used by the natives to cleanse and cool ulcers and for eye infections. It is an expensive oil that has long played an important and useful role in aromatherapy and natural medicine.
Clary sage oil and clary sage fragrance works:
In herbal medicine clary sage is known for the following properties:
1. may relieve the symptoms of depression.
2. lowers high blood pressure.
3. provides relief from menstrual and menopausal symptoms.
4. supports the health of the skin.
5. reduces muscle and joint pain.
6. relieves the symptoms of insomnia.
7. supports digestive health.
8. reduces headaches.
9. may help in the treatment of respiratory problems.
10. supports oral health.
and quite practical in everyday life are the following features:
1. aromatherapy for relaxation.
2. natural remedy for menstrual cramps.
3. hair care to combat dandruff.
4. bath additive for a soothing immersion.
5. massage oil to relieve stress.
6. skin care for mature skin.
7. natural perfume with a herbaceous note.
8. stress reduction by diffusion.
9. helps with digestion.
10. deodorant to freshen rooms.
Disclaimer: The information and product descriptions on this website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. They should not be interpreted as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In case of serious health problems or complaints, always consult a doctor or other medical professional. We assume no responsibility for any action or inaction taken as a result of the content of this website.