Organic citronella essential oil – 10 ml
Latin name : Cymbopogon Nardus
Part of the plant used : Dried grass
Source : Sri Lanka
Extraction method : Steam distillation
Organic Citronella Oil is obtained by steam distillation from the leaves and stems of Cymbopogon plant species, especially Cymbopogon nardus. Organic citronella essential oil is known as a plant-based insect repellent and bio-pesticide with non-toxic mode of action, and has been approved for this purpose in the US since 1948. The main producing countries for this oil are Indonesia and China, which together produce about 40% of the world’s citronella essential oil.
This oil is useful not only as an insect repellent for the skin, but also for excessive sweating, oily skin and hair, and as a deodorant. It is said to relieve pain from rheumatism and arthritis and help against flu, colds and mild infections. The oil is good for the digestive system to cure colitis and intestinal infections and get rid of intestinal parasites. It relieves menstrual cramps and pain and speeds up the heartbeat. When used in a vaporizer, it is known to dispel fatigue, headaches, and neuralgia, and provide a happy and optimistic mood. Do not use during pregnancy and in children under 3 years of age. Do not consume internally.
Ancient cultures in India, Egypt, and elsewhere where Cymbopogon grasses grew used them to repel insects, especially mosquitoes. At that time, people settled near rivers and water bodies. While this was a good thing in many ways, it also brought with it an abundance of insects, especially mosquitoes, which brought disease and killed people. Therefore, the use of this grass as a repellent was a matter of life and death at that time.
Citronella oil and citronella fragrance works:
In herbal medicine, citronella is known for the following properties:
1. provides relief from inflammation.
2. supports digestive health.
3. reduces muscle and joint pain.
4. fights infections due to its antiseptic properties.
5. relieves the symptoms of colds and flu.
6. may help in the treatment of minor wounds.
7. lowers fever.
8. supports the health of the respiratory tract.
9. relieves headaches.
10. may help in the treatment of fungal infections.
and quite practical in everyday life are the following features:
1. natural insect repellent.
2. aromatherapy for a refreshing ambience.
3. skin tonic for a radiant glow.
4. massage oil for relaxation.
5. deodorant to freshen rooms.
6. bath additive for a relaxing bath.
7. foot bath for tired, aching feet.
8. hair tonic for a healthy scalp.
9. diffuser fragrance for outdoor gatherings.
10. additive for household cleaners.
Disclaimer: The information and product descriptions on this website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. They should not be interpreted as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In case of serious health problems or complaints, always consult a doctor or other medical professional. We assume no responsibility for any action or inaction taken as a result of the content of this website.