Citronella essential oil – 10 ml
Latin name : Cymbopogon Nardus
Part of the plant used : Dried grass
Source : Java
Extraction method : Steam distillation
Citronella oil, obtained by steam distillation from the leaves and stems of Cymbopogon plants, is a true all-rounder in terms of natural care and protection. It is especially appreciated for its effective insect repellent property, which makes it a popular remedy against mosquitoes and other pests. In addition, the oil has a positive effect on skin problems such as excessive sebum production and greasy hair, and has a refreshing and invigorating effect on the mind.
In the medicinal field, citronella oil shows its strengths in relieving rheumatism and arthritis and provides support for the digestive system, for example in intestinal infections or to fight intestinal parasites. Women can benefit from the antispasmodic effect for menstrual cramps. On an emotional level, the fresh, lemony scent helps to banish headaches and promote a cheerful mood.
The historical importance of citronella oil should not be underestimated. In ancient cultures of India, Egypt and other regions where Cymbopogon plant species are native, the plant was a life-saving remedy against mosquitoes and other insects. It protected people living near water from diseases and thus promoted survival in these regions.
Citronella oil and citronella fragrance works:
In herbal medicine, citronella is known for the following properties:
1. provides relief from inflammation.
2. supports digestive health.
3. reduces muscle and joint pain.
4. fights infections due to its antiseptic properties.
5. relieves the symptoms of colds and flu.
6. may help in the treatment of minor wounds.
7. lowers fever.
8. supports the health of the respiratory tract.
9. relieves headaches.
10. may help in the treatment of fungal infections.
and quite practical in everyday life are the following features:
1. natural insect repellent.
2. aromatherapy for a refreshing ambience.
3. skin tonic for a radiant glow.
4. massage oil for relaxation.
5. deodorant to freshen rooms.
6. bath additive for a relaxing bath.
7. foot bath for tired, aching feet.
8. hair tonic for a healthy scalp.
9. diffuser fragrance for outdoor gatherings.
10. additive for household cleaners.
Disclaimer: The information and product descriptions on this website are for general information purposes only and do not constitute medical advice. They should not be interpreted as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. In case of serious health problems or complaints, always consult a doctor or other medical professional. We assume no responsibility for any action or inaction taken as a result of the content of this website.